Sunday 3 April 2011

Partagas Series D No. 4

Partagas Series D No. 4
6 1/8 × 52 Robusto
Made in Cuba
Paid: Gifted
Drink: Jack Daniels, and Diet Pepsi

After smoking the Partagas Series P No. 2 yesterday, I knew this would be my next cigar.

My cigar had abou a 3/4 inch split in the foot, that caused it to start off with a wonky burn.

I notice that the flavour is consistent with a Partagas cigar.  This one had a definitive floral flavour, and lots of pepper.  It isn't nearly as sweet as the P2, so I think that's why I'm not getting that kind of vanilla flavour mixed with the floral.  I hardly detect any wood to it either.  It also leaves a nice subtle cream flavour on the tongue.

By the second third, the pepper dies off, and it's really relaxing to sit back, and enjoy the smoke.  The aroma it gives off is very pleasant. 

While not as strong, or full flavoured as a P2, still a very good quality smoke, and great switch up from the Montecristo Edmundo's that I usually go to when I want to relax and smoke a Cuban robusto.  

One little annoyance was a little to much glue on the band that tore open the wrapper on the last third causing it to unravel. Had to be careful with from there out.


No comments:

Post a Comment