Sunday 10 April 2011

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles Robusto

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles
5 x 50 Robusto
Made in Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo 99
Binder:  Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua
Paid: Gifted

I was really excited to smoke this.  I have quite a few Tatuaje/Pepin sticks now, and have heard nothing but good things.  

This cigar has some strong flavour to it.  It was very consistent from start to finish.  I get this strong wood flavour, and used coffee grinds.  There is also some nuts mixed in the exhale.  A lot of pepper on the exhale.

This cigar was not all that smooth, and had an ammonia harshness to it that made retro-haling difficult, especially with how peppery it is.  That's too bad, because the wood, coffee, and nuts were really pronounced, but would get flushed out by the harshness.  

I found this cigar really strong, which also detracted from my enjoyment of it.  Kind of gave me a headache by the half way point.

The ash was pretty white, and held on good.  Burn was also fantastic.  Nice slow even line.

I have one more of these that looks like its from a different batch based on the band being a little faded.   I will certainly revisit this stick down the road, and hopefully not get the harshness, and be able to handle the strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment