Friday 1 April 2011

Partagas Series P No. 2

Partagas Series P No. 2
6 1/8 × 52 Pyramid
Made in Cuba
Paid: $27 CDN
Drink: Jack Daniels, and Diet Pepsi

I reached for my last Montecristo No.2, and thought I would save it, and instead give the Partagas Series P No.2 a shot.  I've heard so many good things, and was curious.  I also heard good things about the Diplomatico No.2 which was OK, but not rivaling the Monte #2.

I lit this up, and my mind was blown.  The first half was an amazing very sweet woody, slight earth, and creamy flavour that I went back and forth on, deciding if it was floral, or vanilla. Just delicious.  The second half changed up a bit, getting less woody, but continuing with the floral/vanilla, and some nutty taste's sprinkled in.  The whole cigar is rich, and smooth.

A lot of reviews state this is not a beginner smoke, and describe it as overwhelming, or strong.  Was not the case here.  Definitely medium strength, and full of flavour.  Very similar to the Partagas Mille Fleur, just exponentially flavour filled.

This cigar really WOWed me.  If this one cigar sample is the consistent experience you get, then this cigar certainly rivals the Monte #2, and perhaps bests it.  I have a Series D No.4, that I can't wait to try.

I'm definitely getting more of these, and would absolutely get a box if I get more of the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment