Tuesday 19 April 2011

Por Larraenga Petit Panatenella

Por Larraenga Petit Panatenella
5 × 36
Made in Cuba
Paid: $4

I've smoked quite a few of these since I started smoking cigars.  With a price tag that can usually be found for less then $5, they are a great value.  My understanding is they used to be machine made cigars untill 2002, and are now hand rolled.

I find a slightly different experience every time I smoke one, but I've never had a bad one.

This cigar had a nice floral flavour, mixed with wood, and some mild earth.  I find these three flavours are always common to this cigars profile, and it's just a matter of which combination and strength you see the flavours that will vary.

Smoking time is usually about 30-45 minutes, and the last inch will get acidic due to heat.  They do have some strength to them also, probably in the medium range for the size.

I highly recommend these cigars.  In my opinion you can't go wrong.  I keep them around for an everyday smoke, and their so cheap you don't feel guilty turfing it if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment