Monday 28 March 2011

Diplomatico No. 2

Diplomatico No. 2
6 1/8 × 52
Made in Cuba
Paid: $20 CDN
Drink: Jack Daniels, and Diet Pepsi

I haven't smoked a Cuban in awhile, after a tear trying to find some Non-Cuban sticks I like.  Needed the break, and contemplated a Montecristo Edumndo.  Reached for this one after a recent post comparing the Montecrsito No. 2 and the Diplomatico No. 2.  I have a few Monte 2's under my belt, and absolutely love that cigar.  This is supposed to be a cheaper alternative, that many prefer over the Monte.

The construction is good, but seems ever so sub par to a Monte 2 with veins, and bumps in the wrapper.    I love the feel of a pyramid in the hand.

I get a good amount of earth, but this cigar also has a nutty flavour to it, which I'm not sure I get with the Monte.  Very smooth.  Burned like a champ.

The taste, while similar to a Monte 2, is not as full.  The flavour profile seems more like a Guantanamera brand cigar (Cheap), minus the horrid construction, and draw issues.  Overall I can't say anything bad about it.

I'll make this comparison.  It's like drinking Coke, or Pepsi, or any other name brand product, and then going out and buying the no name brand.  Even though their marketing it as cola, it just doesn't taste like the real thing.  If these were significantly cheaper, like a no name, I would consider it an alternative, but I'm pretty sure this was only a couple bucks cheaper then a Monte 2.

1 comment:

  1. This is a hell of a cigar. its a pity that the cigar is not being produced anymore... I'll miss this stick!

    ReplyDelete