Sunday 27 March 2011

Punch London Club EMS

Punch London Club EMS 
5 x 40 Petit Corona
Made in Honduras          

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler:  Dominican, Nicaraguan, Honduran
Paid: $10 CDN)

Drink: Diet Pepsi with Jack Daniels

I smoked one of these yesterday for the first time, while I was out and about.  I was so impressed I decided to light this one, and see if it really was that good.  So this review will encompass the experience of both sticks.

I've had a couple of them sitting in my humidor for a few months now.  They were purchased from different locations, and I noted that one had darker wrapper then the other, and it wasn't the maduro version.

They both are made well, and burn perfect.

The first stick started out with a strong wood flavour, with a mild floral taste in the background.  At the halfway point it switched up to strong floral, and the wood took the back seat.  Very pleasing.  The best of the two sticks.

The second stick I got a strong earth, mixed with some floral, and woody tastes.  The taste was similar to a Cuban Hoyo de Monterey.  By the last half, the earth subsided, and all I was getting is floral.  I don't know what tobacco gives that flavour, but it's great.  Kinda tastes like soap, which sounds bad, but not in this case.  

This cigar is nothing mind blowing, but a very enjoyable stick.  The tobacco strength is mild, and the taste is just right, and leaves no aftertaste.   

A box of 25 can be had in the US for as little as $50-60, and I'm going to pull the trigger on one in the near future, as they tend to go for about $10 a stick here.  This is one of the better Non-Cuban cigars I've smoked, and probably the first I can definitively say I would smoke on a regular basis, if I can get them for $2-3 a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment