Saturday 12 March 2011

CAO Cameroon Box Pressed Robusto

CAO Cameroon - Box Pressed 
Robusto 5.5 x 50
Wrapper: West African Cameroon
Binder & Filler: Nicaraguan 
Paid: $11 CDN from local Holy Smokes (Loblaws Superstore) 
Drink: Diet Pepsi


Smoked this one a few days ago, and never got a chance to post about it.

I continue to try and find a Non-cuban I can love, and hold to call my own.  The box press is very cool looking, and feels great in the hand.  It has a rich chocolate aroma coming off the wrapper, and is very well made.

I clipped this one a little too much, and the draw was very loose, though as you'll see, I don't realize it till later.  I started smoking it, and it was really hot, and dry.  I went through half the cigar, and was getting no flavour.  Just bland smoke.  I was about to set this thing down, when I decided to change up how I smoked it.

I began to draw really slow.  This change up made a huge difference.  It was then that I realized that I opened it up to much, and/or was drawing to hard on it.  With the slow controlled draw I all of a sudden had a very sweet creamy flavour, that I would describe as caramel.  There was also a wood flavour in there too.

Shortly after the last third, I unfortunately had to walk away from this thing right as I was enjoying it.  I was just overwhelmed by it's strength, and had to go lay down.  I've never been that f*cked off a cigar.  I felt a huge weight in my stomach that lasted well into the next day.  I think the loose draw, mixed with a strong draw was my downfall.  It's said to be a medium strength cigar, but sure seemed very strong.

I really want to try this one again down the road with a slower/tighter draw, and really take it easy.  I think it may be a really good smoke, but perhaps not for a newer smoker.  I'll keep my eye out for a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment