Sunday 6 March 2011

Alec Bradley Family Blend

Alec Bradley Family Blend 
Robusto 5.5 x 50
Wrapper: Honduras CriolloBinder: Indonesia Embetunado
Filler: Jalapa, Nicaragua, Trojes, Honduras
Paid: $11 CDN from local B&M  (Cigars for You - I think)
Drink: Diet Pepsi

I have been excited to smoke this for awhile.  The construction is great with the added pigtail.  What got me most excited was the pre-light aroma.  With a beautiful aroma of strong leather, slight chocolate, and tobacco, I would often take this cigar out just to hold, and smell.  It lit well, and the burn was pretty good, but thats where it ends.

From start to finish, this smoke was really bland.  Quite the disappointment.  Other then a slight earthiness, I got nothing else.  If there is one thing I have begun to learn, it's the pre-light aroma has absolutely nothing to do with the flavor once lit.


This cigar seemed to burn really hot, and fast.  Due to its size, I really took my time with it, but it always had a bright amber.  I think this also caused it to be a really dry smoke, constantly drying out my mouth.


It was about a medium strength cigar, and I put it down with about an inch or so left.  Just too flavorless, and hot.

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed the review but what is local B&M store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brick and Mortar. Cigar shop instead of online.

    ReplyDelete