Sunday 13 March 2011

Montecristo Edmundo

Montecristo Edmundo
5 3/8 × 52 Robusto
Made in Cuba
Drink: Diet Pepsi
Box date: Sept 09

In continuation of my great run at the Montecirsto line, I'm smoking a Edmundo.  I split a box of these with a co-worker, so it better be good.  I wasn't to worried.  I smoked the Petit Edmundo yesterday, and was expecting an identical experience, just a half hour longer.

I found the draw on this thing a little tight, and it opened up to a normal draw by the half way point.  The smoke is thick, and creamy, coating my mouth with flavour.

The flavours were the same as the PE, but far more mellow, and spread out.  You get the woodiness, and the earth kicks in after an inch or so.  By the half way point I then get the chocolate/cocoa flavour on the back my tongue.

This is not a powerful stick.  I usually can't take a robusto to the nub, but did it with ease here.  I loved the Bolivar Royal Corona, which is a little shorter then this, and couldn't finish it due to the strength.

Overall a really great smoke, and I'm happy I have a dozen of these waiting.  If I had to choose based on now smoking one of each, the PE would get the nod. The PE had a stronger flavour, which I got from start to finish.    Perhaps the PE would get equally as mellow with a year and half of age.

Another great Monte, I highly recommend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment