Friday 4 March 2011

Montecristo No. 2

Montecristo No.2
6 1/8 × 52
Made in Cuba
Paid: $22 CDN from local B&M.
Drink: Spiced rum, and cola.

I've smoked a few cigars since my last review that I have notes, but have not yet posted.  I smoked this cigar tonight, and couldn't wait.  I had to post right away while it was fresh in my mind.  What a great cigar.  The best cigar I've smoked to date.

I've been wanting to smoke this cigar for awhile, but was a bit worried, as I get pretty buzzed off a robusto size, and was unsure if I could handle a cigar of this size, and enjoy it.  Not quite the case here. While I was feeling the nicotine by the end, the overall experience was amazing.

The size is perfect.  It rolls around in the hand with a natural fit.  Great construction, and draw.  It does not quite give off the thick smoke I would expect from a cigar like this, but who cares.

This Monte #2 was so smooth, and earthy from start to finish.  It had a very slight ammonia scent by the half way point, but very subtle.  Overall, start to finish the flavor was consistant, and left not even a trace of aftertaste in the mouth.

The burn was amazing.  It canoed slightly in the middle, but corrected itself when I set it down for a couple of minutes.  I don't know what else to say about this cigar.  I hope this is the common experience for the vitola.

Hopefully I can get back to the place I bought it from soon, and check the box date, to buy a box with close to the same date.

No comments:

Post a Comment