Saturday 12 March 2011

Montecristo Petit Edmundo

Montecristo Petit Edmundo
4 1/3 × 52 
Made in Cuba
Paid:  $19
Drink: Diet Pepsi


I'm quickly becoming Monte fan boy.  I have a half box of Edmundo's that I splt with a co-worker, and planned on lighting that up today.  I reached for this instead, as it's been sitting in the humidor alone for awhile.

Like with all Monte's, I find the construction, and feel of the cigar to be perfect.  It lights nicely, and burns even start to finish, without ever getting to hot.

Right off the bat I'm hit with strong wood cedar flavour, that can't be mistaken.  About an inch in, the wood softens, and lets a slight earth in, if I exhale a little out the nose.  It's very creamy, and coats the entire mouth.  There is a definite cocoa or chocolate in there, but I don't get it every draw.   The smoke is nice and thick. 

By the last third all the flavours mellow out, and I get a slight fruity taste added in.

Now a lot of reviews also describe pepper, and spice.  I don't really ever taste those in a cigar, other then the tingling sensation similar to pepper in the nose, if I exhale out the nose.  If that is indeed what people are talking about, then there is a slight pepper in the nose, that gets stronger in the last third.  The spice thing I still don't get.

I would consider this a mild cigar.  I've smoked a Hoyo Petit Robusto, and Bolivar Royal Corona.  The Royal Corona was very strong, and I feel that this was more mild then the Hoyo.

Another great Monte, I highly recommend.  Having not smoked the Edmundo yet, my thinking right now is to try and see if I can get someone to split a box with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment