Thursday 17 March 2011

TE-AMO World Selection Series Nicaragua Blend

TE-AMO World Selection Series 
Nicaragua Blend
4 x 62 Gran Corto
Made in Mexico          
Wrapper: Mexican Cuban Ciriollo seed
Binder: Mexican
Filler: Nicaraguan 
Paid: $7 CDN from Cheers Smoke Shop 
Drink: Diet Pepsi

I'm just going to start this off, by saying this was a surprisingly good cigar.  I'm always weary of any cigar south of $10 in Canada.

The girth of this thing is a site.  If your putting a football team of cigars together, this is the NT.  A little pitbull of a cigar looking as wide as it does long.

It lights well, and feels well constructed.  I cut a little to much off, and the draw ended up being loose.

The first flavour I got was that sweet hay, or bitter sweet wine taste I've described in other cigars, that I can't stand.  I was expecting to turf it by the half way point.  Thankfully it only lasted the first few draws, and transformed into an amazing tasting cigar.

I was hit with so many flavours that seemed to change back in forth, or combine, that I couldn't describe them all.  The predominant theme was a nice creamy caramel, cocoa, and woody taste. I was in bliss, it tasted that good.  The smoke coming off this thing was very thick.

I got to the half way point and for some reason it went for shit.  Gone were all the great flavours, and I was either getting no flavour, or a bitter acidic, varnish flavour. I blew it out every now and then, which helped remove the varnish flavour, but just left it completely flavourless.

The size is a nice quick, well burning smoke, which took about 45 minutes, leaving the pyramid end unsmoked.  I was also surprised at how mild in tobacco strength this was.  Very mild, that a beginner like myself had no problem handling.

I'm really torn on this one.  How could the first half be so amazing, and just bomb on the second half.  The first half was so good, that I'm going to get a couple more to rest for awhile, and see if that helps the second half, and try to get a few of the bigger vitolas as well.

Ultimately I would say TRY IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment