Thursday 17 March 2011

W&D Honduran Robusto


W&D Honduran Robusto
5 x 50
Orgin: Honduran
Paid: $5 from Holy Smokes (Loblaw Superstore)

Paraphrased from www.bonitasmokeshop.com
"Often compared to the well known Don Thomas premium cigar line these W & D cigars are a great buy. Those in the know realize that this is in fact a Don Thomas cigar with ever so slight imperfections which do not in any way affect the smooth silky cigar... Nothing "second" about these cigars except for being in a bundle and costing far less..."

The construciton looks good, and it feels packed full of tobacco.  Upon lighting, it's extremely tight.  I cut it two more times, before finally cutting the entire cap off, and it was still very tight.  Made it difficult to smoke, and enjoy.

This cigar was probably the most mild cigar I've smoked to date, in both strength, and flavour.  Very sweet, like hay, or a bitter sweet wine.  The only time I tasted this flavour was when I smoked an Arturo Fuente Brevas Royal, and I'm not a big fan of the taste either.  I also dislike wine.  It also had some earth to it.  By the half way point the flavour only get more dull, to the point I'm not really tasting anything.

This thing smoked, and burned good, but the tight draw was a real set back.  I really had to work for this thing.  I ultimately set it down shortly after starting the last third, as it was flavourless, and too tight to draw from.

The draw problems aside, I don't like the flavour profile of this.  That Sweet hay or wine taste I'm getting is OK for a short while, but gets annoying, and tastes weird.

I have Don Tomas Maduro Robusto in my humidor, and I hope it tastes nothing like this.  I don't recommend this cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment