Monday 7 March 2011

Partagas Mille Fleurs

Partagas Mille Fleurs 
Petite Corona 5 1/8 x 42
Made in Cuba
Paid: $10 CDN from Cigar Studio (February Special)
Drink: Diet Pepsi


Lit this one up today, on a whim.  Wasn't planning on smoking but found myself with some down time so I grabbed this Partagas, as I have yet to try anything from the brand yet.

On a side note, this cigar is a corona, don't know why a 42 gauge cigar over 5" is deemed Petite.  Yet they call a 4" x 42 cigar petite as well.  Whatever, its a size I enjoy all the time.

It lit, and burnt great, and the pre-light aroma, like with the majority of Cubans was nice.  The construction felt, and looked good..

The taste is a different with this one.  The dominant flavour was a rich woodiness that I couldn't pin down to a specific wood.  It didn't have a remote hint of earth, that I find almost guaranteed in Cubans.

Now I had read a few reviews before lighting up, and quite a few mentioned a floral taste.  Not sure if the name 'Fleur' influences that, and in turn influenced my own taste; but I actually did get a hint of what I would describe as light floral taste.  If I didn't read that going in, I'm not sure I would have picked up on it, or if I just made it up, as it was in my mind.

I found it to be mild to medium strength.  Nice rich creamy smoke.

This was a decent smoke.  If I could find them by the box for significantly less then the $10 a stick I paid, I would certainly consider getting a box, or splitting with someone.

2 comments:

  1. JNT , Brought a box of these (and others)back from Amsterdam to the UK for 38euros $50 . First two had a very tight draw , the one I am smoking now is fine .
    Vajoiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a flavorful cigar with a pleasant smoke, very well made and well worth the price.
    http://lacasadelhabano-brussels.be/

    ReplyDelete