Sunday 27 February 2011

Cohiba Siglo II

Cohiba Siglo II
5" × 42
Made in Cuba
Paid: $17 CDN from local B&M.  Just cracked open the box for me.
Drink: Diet Pepsi


After trying my first Cohiba last night, the Panetela, I was very excited to get this one lit.

Once again, the construction is perfect.  The draw is great, and smoke is very creamy.  This cigar pretty much gave me the same experience as the Panetela.  The taste is identical, of rich tobacco, leathery flavour, though the Panetela seemed to have a stronger flavour.  The same spice was left on the tip of my tongue when it was finished.  The only addition was that of wood to the profile.  Again, no harshness, or ammonia at all.

Very nice cigar from start to finish, though I expected more in the way of flavour.  That may be due to how young the cigar was.  Definitely a medium strength cigar, that needs to be taken slowly to avoid getting overwhelmed by the tobacco.  I will try, and get my hands on several of these to put away and age.

In my opinion, as a new cigar smoker, I would recommend these to others new to cigars.  You won't be turned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment