Saturday 26 February 2011

Cohiba Panetela

Cohiba Panetela
4½" × 26
Made in Cuba
Paid: $9 CDN
Drink: Water

I set out with the intent to smoke a Siglo II, but already smoked a Bolivar Corona Junior today, and decided to grab this one instead, as I didn't want to over due it.

This is my first Cohiba, and I am very impressed.  The construction is flawless.  It lights, and burns flawless.  Everything about this smoke was flawless.  The draw seemed a little tight near the beginning, but opened up quickly. 

The flavour was a nice, smooth, rich leathery-tobacco.  I have never had a cigar that tasted like this.  Very distinct.  Not even a hint of harshness, despite it smoking so fast, and being a very small vitola. In the end, it left a nice taste of spice and sweetness on the front of my tongue.

I have one more of these, but don't think I'll buy anymore, only because it's to small.  It felt like it had a 15 minute smoke time at best.  Great smoke, just not enough of it.  Plus the price is a little steep for such a short smoke.
  
To date, this is the best cigar I've had.  I don't know what else to say.  I now understand why the Cohiba is the pinnacle of cigars.  I can't wait to try Cohiba's other cigars.  I would recommend this to any beginner.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Cohiba Cigars lately and eager to puff one as I heard it taste really good.

    ReplyDelete