Sunday 20 February 2011

Quintero Londres Extra

Quinter Londres Extra
Petite Conona 4 7/8 x 40
Made in Cuba

Paid: $5 CDN
Age: Purchased  about 6 months ago at Holy Smokes (Run out of Loblaws Superstore)
Drink: Ice Water & Diet Pepsi

I'm not going to bother going long on this one.  It's a piece of crap. Move on with your day, if you don't care to read more. 

The guy recommended these, along with the Guantanamera brand as a 'good beginner smoke'.  So I bought two.  I smoked one that day, and I was disgusted.  Had this been my first cigar, I would have never picked up another cigar again.  Anytime I here someone at a cigar shop recommend me these, or the Guantanamera brands, I immediately do not trust their opinion.  I think they are just trying to move a crappy product out on the back of my inexperience.

Six months did nothing to change my opinion, or make this cigar any better. It's really, really bland, and flavourless.  By the end you just taste cigar ash.  It's very mild, and if you told me it was filled with paper, I would not be surprised.  I didn't even taste a hint of tobacco, nor feel the affects. 

I will give it some positive feedback.  The smoke is super thick, and the ash hung on till the half way point, as you can see in my pics.  The smoke left no lingering bad odor (Thank God), and it left no bad after taste in my mouth.  It didn't hurt the pocket book to much either.  

Another positive... it's no longer in my humidor!!!; There will never be another.  I still have two Guantanemera's left, and I'm not looking forward to smoking them. 

In my opinion, if your new to cigars, spend the extra $5 to $10, and go with the respected names, like Bolivar, Montecristo, etc...  The Por Larranga Panetela's, while slightly smaller, are super cheap in this cigar's price range, and far superior, if your looking for an everyday decent cheap cigar.



2 comments:

  1. James, I see you are not following much but your own new blogs, so if you want to check out another blogspotter, check me out at olscigars.blogspot.com . I'd love to have you reading it. I tend to review aged habanos exclusively, with maybe 1 in ten being new production. That ratio is also going down as I have stopped buying cigars, lol.

    ReplyDelete